Submit a Graduate Video
Take Part in Commencement Virtually
Even if you are unable to attend the ceremony in person, we recognize that your accomplishment should be celebrated. We invite you to participate in Commencement 2020 from anywhere by pre-submitting a short video of yourself to be played at the live event at the time when you would be crossing the stage. Participants who intend to attend the ceremony in-person are also invited to submit a video, in case the ceremony must be held virtually.
- Position yourself in the center of the image, sitting or standing, and record in a landscape (horizontal) format.
- State your full name, then your degree name and major.
- Videos should be approximately 5-8 seconds long. Our team can help with trimming the footage to this length.
- You are invited to wear your cap and gown if you have regalia, or dress in UMGC gear or other professional/formal attire.
- You are invited to showcase your location in your background or show your UMGC spirit.
- Please use a tripod or stabilize your recording device so the video is steady.
Please note: by submitting your video, you consent to it being shown at UMGC Europe Commecement 2020 and live streamed to all attendees.
How to Submit Your Video
Please email your video as an attachment to email@example.com by Monday, 19 October. Please contact us at the same email address if you require technical assistance.
Tips for Recording Your Video
If you do not have a digital camcorder, videos can easily be recorded with a smart phone using either Apple or Android devices. Please be sure to record in landscape (horizontal format). The shot should look similar to these examples:
iPhone setup instructions:
- Go to Settings > Camera Settings > Record Video
- Select 4K at 24 fps (best) or 1080p HD at 30 or 60 fps (good)
Samsung Galaxy setup instructions:
- Go to Home Screen > Camera
- Tap the Settings icon, then Select Resolution
- Section 4K 16:9 (best), QHD, UHD, or FHD (good)