Combine technical know-how with business savvy to gain a powerful IT skill set and maximum career flexibility with a graduate certificate in information technology.
The graduate certificate in foundations of information technology from University of Maryland Global Campus Europe provides a general technical understanding of current and emerging technologies in the field such as social media, mobile computing, cloud computing, big data, and the Internet of Things. You'll gain familiarity with project and systems engineering concepts and a solid foundation in the economics of information technology. This certificate is ideal for professionals in fields other than IT who want to extend their expertise into the IT environment, as well as for IT professionals who want to expand their theoretical knowledge.
About the Foundations of Information Technology Graduate Certificate
In your information technology certificate courses, you'll gain a solid foundation in IT infrastructure; systems analysis, modeling, and design; technology project management; and financial analysis for IT project managers. While developing a global vision, strong planning techniques, appropriate training before introducing any IT product into the market, and discipline in executing tasks.
What You'll Learn
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Analyze and design information systems
- Manage a project in a high-tech environment
- Review features/functionality and the advantages & disadvantages of E-commerce shopping carts solutions
Foundations of Information Technology Graduate Certificate Requirements
Our curriculum is designed with input from employers, industry experts, and scholars. You'll learn theories combined with real-world applications and practical skills you can apply on the job right away.
- ITEC 610
- ITEC 625
- ITEC 626
- ITEC 630
- ITEC 640
Overall Certificate Requirements
- UCSP 615
- UCSP 615 must be taken within the first 6 credits of study.
- UCSP 615 may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.
Overall Graduate Certificate Requirements
- You must be admitted as a UMGC student.
- You may pursue a degree and certificate simultaneously or pursue a degree after completing the certificate.
- No more than 6 credits may be earned through transfer from other schools.
- You must satisfy all required prerequisites for certificate courses. You may need to fulfill some prerequisites before beginning certificate coursework.
- You must complete all required coursework with a minimum grade of B (3.0) in all courses.
- Certificate courses may not be taken pass/fail.
- Graduate students may only complete certificates at the graduate level.
Time Limits for Graduate Certificates
You must complete the requirements for a graduate certificate within five consecutive years. The time limit is calculated from the term in which you successfully complete the first credit course that applies to the program.