In the cloud computing and networking graduate certificate program, you'll master the concepts underlying cloud computing, cloud services, and cloud applications and understand the benefits and risks associated with moving to cloud-based services. You'll learn about different cloud development platforms and the fundamental processes associated with implementing and moving to cloud-based services.
About the Cloud Computing and Networking Graduate Certificate
What You'll Learn
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Refine your communication, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, and leadership skills
- Investigate and analyze the technologies of the cloud services industry
- Explore network engineering concepts, functions, applications, configurations, and hardware
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to
- Assess cloud risk and compliance issues
- Evaluate cloud providers and their services
- Explore networking in the cloud
- Build a full proof-of-concept cloud deployment
Cloud Computing and Networking Graduate Certificate Requirements
Our curriculum is designed with input from employers, industry experts, and scholars. You'll learn theories combined with real-world applications and practical skills you can apply on the job right away.
- DCL 600
- CCA 610
- CCA 625
Course Rules and Program Progression -
- All courses must be taken in the order listed.
- You must complete each course with a grade of B or better to advance to the next course. The grade of C is not available for these courses.
- The courses in this program will have seven-day and 60-day options for the grade of Incomplete.
If you completed your undergraduate degree at UMGC with a major in computer networks and cybersecurity, a vertical pathway between UMGC's graduate and undergraduate degree programs in that field allows you to reduce your total coursework for this program by up to 6 credits.
Overall Certificate Requirements
- DCL 600
- DCL 600 must be taken as the first course for the certificate.
- The required initial course is listed as part of the certificate required classes.
Overall Graduate Certificate Requirements
- You must be admitted as a UMGC student.
- You may pursue a degree and certificate simultaneously or pursue a degree after completing the certificate.
- No more than 6 credits may be earned through transfer from other schools.
- You must satisfy all required prerequisites for certificate courses. You may need to fulfill some prerequisites before beginning certificate coursework.
- You must complete all required coursework with a minimum grade of B (3.0) in all courses.
- Certificate courses may not be taken pass/fail.
- Graduate students may only complete certificates at the graduate level.
Time Limits for Graduate Certificates
You must complete the requirements for a graduate certificate within five consecutive years. The time limit is calculated from the term in which you successfully complete the first credit course that applies to the program. It does not include the introductory courses DCL 600 and CBR 600 but does include courses transferred from other institutions.
This program is designed to help you prepare for work in cloud engineering, infrastructure, and support.
About the Faculty
This program's curriculum requires that you use a computer with the following:
- Microphone and speakers or headset with microphone or equivalent device
- 5 GB of free hard drive space
- 4 GB RAM or higher
- A high-speed internet connection
- Computer processor (Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64) running at speeds of at least 1 GHz
- Windows 8.1 or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher for an operating system (Linux operating systems can also be used but require more technical knowledge from the user)
Note: The higher the processor speed of your computer (e.g., 2.4–3.4 GHz), the larger the amount of available memory (e.g., 4–12 GB), and the larger the amount of available hard drive space (e.g., 5–20 GB), the better your computer will perform and the smoother your experience will be.