Program Admission Requirements
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- New Students: To apply for the BASW program, submit your application for admission online through UMGC Europe. Select Salisbury Undergraduate and no minor for level of study.
- Current UMGC students: Contact the local academic advisor to update your degree program.
Step 2: Complete Pre-admission Requirements
Prior to being fully admitted into the BASW program, you must complete the pre-admission requirements. Completion of all pre-admission requirements does not guarantee your acceptance into the program. To meet pre-admission requirements, you must successfully complete the following courses:
(3 Credits, PSYC 100)
(3 Credits, STAT 200)
(3 Credits, SOCY 100)
(3 Credits, ANTH 102)
(3 Credits, GVPT 170)
(4 Credits, SOWK 200)
(4 Credits, SOWK 300)
(2 Credits, SOWK 310)
Register online through MyUMGC
Step 3: Contact Your Academic Advisor
Once you have completed the pre-admission requirements and have achieved junior standing with at least 45 completed credit hours, you may apply to the BASW program. It is advised that you speak with an academic advisor to ensure that you have completed all of the requirements before applying for full admission to the BASW program.
Step 4: Apply for Admission to the BASW Program
Each applicant for the BASW program must submit a Salisbury University application and written personal statement.
General Admission Requirements:
- Achieve junior standing with at least 45 completed credits (preferably closer to 60)
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5
- Have an overall GPA of 2.7 in social work courses
For more information on how to apply to the BASW program once you have completed the pre-admission visit SU Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program.
Salisbury University Policies
- You are expected to demonstrate professional behavior while completing the BASW and to become a professional social worker
- You may not repeat any social work class more than once without permission
- You must earn a grade of C or better in all core courses
- The required courses may not equal 120 credit hours; therefore, you must register for additional electives to complete 120 credits required for graduation
- You must have a minimum of 30 credits of upper level (300-499) courses
About our Partner Institution Salisbury University
Salisbury University, a member of the University System of Maryland, is an accredited university of national distinction. Home to more than 8,700 students from across the U.S. and around the world, Salisbury University has a reputation for excellence in public higher education. SU continuously ranks among the nation’s top colleges and values according to The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s, Money, Forbes, and others.
Located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, this four-year university has 55 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. SU prides itself on being an institution where individual talents are celebrated while big ideas are encouraged and nurtured.