Join the Student Services and Financial Aid team in our remote office using Zoom at: https://umuc.zoom.us/j/840013102
When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. At UMGC, you will discover a variety of financial aid options that can best fit within your budget and lifestyle. UMGC financial aid advisors are ready to help you explore these options.
How to Apply
- * To get started, the first step is to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®)
- Use UMGC school code 011644
- To complete the application process, follow these steps
- You will be notified via e-mail if further documentation is required and when you have been awarded aid.
- Applicable financial aid forms.
UMGC Aid Information
- Apply for Scholarships
- Federal Pell Grant
- Pell Grant Calculator
- Financial Aid Basics TV
- Enrollment changes that affect your financial aid
- Funding Your Education
Application Priority Deadlines
- Summer: 1 April
- Fall: 1 June
- Spring: 1 November
Loans and Pell Grants
Federal student loans are government-backed or guaranteed. They are low-cost, fixed-rate loans that may be subsidized (based on need) or unsubsidized (not based on need). Subsidized loans begin to accrue (accumulate) interest when repayment begins (six months after you leave school or your attendance drops below half-time), while unsubsidized loans begin to accrue interest as soon as the loan is fully disbursed. Award amounts are based on grade year classifications and vary each year.
Important Time Limitations on Loans and Pell Grants
Direct Subsidized Loans: For first-time borrowers applying for Direct Subsidized Loans on or after 1 July 2013, there is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive such loans. If this limit applies to you, then you may not receive Direct Subsidized Loans for more than 150 percent of the published length of your program. This is called your "maximum eligibility period.” More information on loans.
Pell Grants: Effective 1 July 2012, students can receive the Federal Pell Grant for a maximum of 12 full time semesters. If you have used at least 450% of your eligibility funding, you will receive an e-mail notification from the Central Processing System (CPS), the system that processes your FAFSA®.
Financial Aid Tools
- UMGC Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- UMGC College Scorecard, Department of Education's College Affordability and Transparency Center
- UMGC College Navigator Report, Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics
- Paying for College, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Online Support Center
Visit 24/7 Help Center and get financial aid assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can browse our extensive FAQ catalog, contact us via e-mail, chat live, or request a call from our Financial Aid Office.
The Financial Aid Office offers a full range of services and information on all aspects of financial aid. We encourage you to contact a financial aid advisor for any assistance you may need. Advisors are available Monday through Friday, 0800-1700 CET.