To receive credit for previous academic study, undergraduate students will need to submit official transcripts to University of Maryland Global Campus. We ask that you send official transcripts from all institutions you previously attended, including high school, any colleges, military records, and appropriate documentation for college-level exams (e.g. CLEP, DSST, AP, etc.), industry certifications, professional courses, and vocational and technical training. Graduate students must send a transcript indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.

To be accepted as official, a transcript must come from the issuing institution in either a sealed, unopened envelope or via an accepted secure electronic delivery method. UMGC cannot accept official transcripts via fax or email, regardless of the source.

Please contact the previous institutions you have attended and request your transcripts be sent to UMGC.

Submit Electronically (Preferred)

UMGC participates with several electronic transcript networks. Whenever possible, UMGC prefers to receive transcripts electronically through a secure delivery method only. Check with your prior institution to determine if they participate in any of the following networks to deliver transcripts through a secure format. If a "send-to" e-mail address is required, please use

  • Credentials
  • Parchment Exchange
  • National Student Clearing House

Submit by Mail

U.S. Mail

Attn: Student Records
University of Maryland Global Campus
3501 University Blvd. East
Adelphi, MD 20783-8075


Attn: Student Records
University of Maryland Global Campus
3501 University Blvd. East
Adelphi, MD 20783-8075

Military Transcripts

To gain the most from your transfer credits, you need to request your military transcripts and have them evaluated by University of Maryland Global Campus. In addition, supporting documents are sometimes needed.

Being proactive with your military transcripts and other documentation helps you enroll in the right classes for your first semester. Many branches of the military offer direct ways to submit transcripts.

How to Submit Military Transcripts: Instructions by Branch

Air Force


  • Joint Services Transcript
  • If you are an Army non-commissioned officer and want to document Military Occupational Specialty occupational credit, you need to submit non-commissioned officer evaluation reports that will show you held that job for a year in the appropriate rank.
  • If you are an officer or warrant officer and do not have any prior military service or if you are a servicemember taking Army courses, you should go to the Army Education Center for a DD Form 295.
  • You can use the Army Service School Academic Report (DA Form 1059) to document officer and warrant officer training courses. It must be mailed from the Army school or certified by Army Education personnel.

Coast Guard

Department of Defense Schools

  • Many Department of Defense schools, such as Defense Language Institute and other military schools like Air Force Institute of Technology and National Cryptologic School, issue their own transcripts. If you attended any of these specialized schools, you will need to request an official transcript from the school in addition to your other military records.

Marine Corps

  • Joint Services Transcript
  • If you want to document Military Occupational Specialty occupational credit, you need to submit non-commissioned officer evaluation reports indicating that you held that job for a year in the appropriate rank.



Note for Active-Duty Servicemembers

You can receive credit by supplementing your military transcripts with the U.S. Department of Defense (DD) Form 295 Application for the Evaluation of Learning Experience During Military Service. You'll need to go to your local Education Center or Navy College Office for help with this form, and you may need to submit supporting documentation.

Substitutions for Military Transcripts

In some cases, you may not have a military transcript. For instance, you may have taken a course many years ago. In that case, you may submit Department of Defense (DD) Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty if your military transcripts are unavailable. You should also submit Military Occupational Specialty and copies of non-commissioned officer enlisted evaluations.

  • If you are an Army veteran, you may need to provide DA Form 2-1 (Army Enlisted). You should also submit enlisted evaluation reports.

  • If you are a Navy veteran, you may need to provide NAVPERS 1070/604 (Navy Enlisted) or NAVPERS 601-4 (Navy Warrant and Limited Duty Officers).

You may also request your military personnel records from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.

Frequently Asked Questions About Transcripts

Where can I view the status of transcripts I have sent to UMGC?

You can view the status of your transcripts by logging into your student account.

How long does it take for UMGC to receive my official transcripts?

The delivery time for transcripts varies by the transcript medium, sending institution, and carrier. In general, transcripts sent via mail or parcel service take an average of ten (10) business days. Keep in mind that some transcripts can take longer than that, and transcripts from outside of the United States will take longer. In general, electronic transcripts are typically received within two business days. If UMGC has not received your transcript within the average time frame, you should check with the sending institution to confirm the date sent.

What should I do if a transcript or document was sent to UMGC using my former name or a variation of my name?

In most cases, we are able to match your document using additional information found on it. However, if you are not able to verify receipt of your document in your student account, contact student services at or +49-(0)631-534-80266.

My transcript was sent to UMGC electronically, but it doesn't show in my account. What should I do?

Students should allow up to three business days for the transcript to show as received when sent electronically and confirmed as received. If the transcript is still not showing, contact your transcript provider to confirm the transcript was submitted, when it was sent, when it was received, and who received it. Provide this information to your academic advisor.

Am I required to provide an official transcript(s) for previous education if I plan to enroll as a nondegree-seeking student or if I will audit courses?

Yes. All applicants planning to enroll in courses at UMGC must provide evidence of high school completion (or its equivalent) or official documentation showing at least 30 semester hours of transferable college credits to enroll beyond two terms after admission.

Frequently Asked Questions About High School Transcripts

Why do I need to send my high school transcripts to UMGC?

Please see UMGC's undergraduate admissions criteria for regular-status students to learn more about when and why a high school transcript is necessary.

How do I request my high school transcript?

Contact your high school and inquire about their transcript request process, which can vary from school to school. If your high school has a website, this is a great source to find related information. Please be aware that some high schools are not open during the summer. If you find that to be the case, follow up with the District Office under which your high school operates. If you are unable to find the information, we recommend contacting the County Board of Education or the State Board of Education from the state in which your high school is located.

Can UMGC waive the high school transcript requirement?

If you provide official college transcripts showing at least 30 semester hours of transferable college credit, you will not be required to submit an official high school transcript or GED scores. For more information, please see UMGC's undergraduate admissions criteria for new students.

Will UMGC accept my high school transcript if it is sent electronically?

Yes. This is UMGC's preferred method of receiving transcripts. For your high school transcript to be "official," UMGC must receive the electronic transcript via one of the following transcript networks: SPEEDE, Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearing House, eSCRIP-SAFE, or Credentials. If there is a send-to e-mail address required, please use

Does UMGC offer a generic high school request form I can send to my school?

Not at this time. However, each high school may have their own form, procedure, and/or requirements for transcript requests. You should always follow the form and procedure indicated by your high school to assure timely processing of your transcript request.

How do I send records to UMGC if I graduated from high school in another country?

If you graduated high school in another country, you will need to obtain an external foreign credit evaluation from an approved agency. For more information, review our admissions requirements for international students or contact an academic advisor.

Can I be admitted to UMGC if I have a GED or if I completed a high school proficiency examination?

If you received passing scores on a GED or other high school proficiency examination that is recognized by your state, you will need to submit official documentation of this so that admissions staff at UMGC can determine your admissibility.

This documentation is received and processed just like regular high school transcripts. We recommend finding the appropriate body in your state if you need assistance to order a copy of your GED or high school proficiency examination. Each state has different rules and requirements as well as different test administrators and recordkeepers.