Earn an MBA Faster and for Less
You don't need to spend several years and your entire annual salary to get an MBA. The award-winning Master of Business Administration program at University of Maryland Global Campus offers you a respected MBA degree that you can earn entirely on-site and online in just 18 months for about $11,000. Plus, you can complete an MBA without paying for a single textbook. All course materials are available as no-cost electronic resources through UMGC's online classroom. The MBA at UMGC can help you learn how to strategically manage an organization for growth and success.
About the MBA (Master of Business Administration)
UMGC makes it affordable and convenient to gain the business knowledge, practical skills, and door-opening credentials you need to propel your career to new heights. Courses in the MBA curriculum use high-quality online learning resources and emphasize teamwork, information literacy, technology fluency, systems thinking, ethics, communication, problem solving, and critical thinking. Additionally, the MBA offers you the opportunity to learn from highly qualified experts with significant managerial and leadership experience in emerging areas relevant to your career growth.
What You'll Learn
Through your MBA coursework, you will learn how to
- Create and implement a personal leadership development plan
- Foster mutual respect, trust, and high standards of ethics, performance, and teamwork
- Assess and manage critical knowledge and skill gaps related to core organizational functions and managerial responsibilities
- Complete a comprehensive analysis of the costs of operations, pricing options, financing, product mix, distribution channels, and supply chain relationships
- Evaluate your cultural intelligence, ethical values, and skills in decision-making, and implement specific actions to leverage your strengths and further develop areas of relative weakness
- Evaluate your organization’s policies for managing legal and ethical risks, with a focus on contracts, agency, and tort law
- Complete an audit of the technology and information systems and processes in your organizations
- Design and develop a marketing plan for a new product or service in both domestic and international markets
- Prepare a detailed project management plan for an initiative in a new international location that presents business, language, cultural, legal, and other challenges for your organization
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for expanding your organization’s products or services in a selected country
- Prepare a personal professional portfolio that includes your key achievements, a brief summary of your strategic leadership skills, and your plan for goal and career advancement
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to
- Analyze costs of operations for an organization using managerial finance techniques
- Determine optimal prices for goods and services by analyzing costs, revenues, and profitability
- Evaluate the opportunities and risks involved in an organization’s decision to expand its operations to a global market by assessing issues of culture, business ethics, employment law, contracts, and criminal law in the context of a global business
- Design and present a marketing plan for a new product or service, including a comprehensive situation analysis, a strong value proposition, an effective marketing mix strategy, and a holistic marketing communications plan
Master of Business Administration Requirements
The MBA degree program requires 36 credits of coursework. Courses must be taken sequentially. An introductory course (PRO 600) may be waived for students who already have a graduate degree. You must complete each course with a grade of B or better to advance to the next course. The grade of C is not available for these courses.
- Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Professional Fields (6 Credits, PRO 600)
- Leading Organizations and People (6 Credits, MBA 610)
- Financial Decision Making (6 Credits, MBA 620)
- Leading in the Multicultural Global Environment (6 Credits, MBA 630)
- Innovation Through Marketing and Technology (6 Credits, MBA 640)
- Strategic Decision Making (6 Credits, MBA 670)
This MBA program is designed to help you prepare for management careers in business, government, or nonprofit organizations in areas such as team leadership, project supervision, and creation and implementation of business solutions.
Criteria for Program Progression
You must complete each course with a grade of B or better to advance to the next course. The grade of C is not available for these courses. Your course syllabus will explain options for and consequences of requesting an Incomplete.
Experience Recommended for Success in the Program
We recommend you have strong writing and analytical skills. We recommend Graduate Writing Skills (0 Credits, ASC 601) if you'd like to improve your graduate writing skills. If you need to improve your computing skills, we recommend you take Basic Information Technology (0 Credits, ASC 605).
Specialized Program Accreditation
This program has received specialized accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, known as IACBE, located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas. IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Information about academic quality and student achievement can be found in the annual report to IACBE.
Community college transfer student, Marlene Plumley, took full advantage of UMGC’s articulation agreement with Anne Arundel Community College. The competitive edge that Marlene gained from her UMGC education led her to launch a successful dive business.
You could qualify for benefits that help you afford your education, including tuition assistance, an annual stipend, payments to cover loans, and more.