At University of Maryland Global Campus Europe, your past education counts. Our flexible transfer credit policies allow you to transfer more credits than you might at other schools. We're committed to help you get the credits you deserve so you can focus on completing your degree.
Transfer Credits from Four-Year Schools
If you've taken courses at an approved four-year college or university and earned a C or 2.0 GPA or better, you could be able to apply these credits toward a certicifate or an associate's or bachelor's degree.
You can transfer up to 45 credits toward an associate's or up to 90 credits toward a bachelor's from approved four-year colleges or universities or from other combined sources (including credit by examination, military education and training, or other fast paths to credit). We also accept up to 9 credits toward undergraduate certificates, up to 3 credits toward graduate certificates, and up to 6 credits toward select master's degrees.
Community College Transfer Credits
You can transfer up to 45 credits toward an associate's or up to 70 credits toward a bachelor's from approved two-year colleges or universities or from other combined sources (including credit by examination, military education and training, or other fast paths to credit).
We also accept up to 9 credits toward undergraduate certificates.
Graduate Transfer Credit Evaluation
You could be eligible to transfer up to 6 credits toward your master's degree or up to 3 credits toward your graduate certificate. Please contact a UMGC academic advisor for information on how to request transfer credit.
Graduate transfer credit criteria
- You earned the credits at the graduate level.
- You did not use the credits to meet the requirements for any degree you previously earned or expect to earn.
- You earned the credits within the time limit for the degree or certificate.
- You earned a B or better in the courses considered for transfer. (These grades will not be included in the calculation of your GPA at UMGC.)
- You earned the credits at an approved institution.
- The credits are either equivalent to graduate-level coursework or recommended for graduate-level credit by the American Council on Education.
Social Work transfer credit criteria
Under certain circumstances, students may receive a maximum of 29 semester hours for work completed not more than five years prior to first registration from a CSWE-accredited graduate school of social work and for which a grade of at least a “B” was received. No course, including any transfer course, may be counted toward a degree if it was completed more than 7 full calendar years prior to the date of graduation. All Field Education requirements must be completed as part of this MSW program.
Students must complete a minimum of 32 credits in the Salisbury University Department of Social Work to be eligible for the master’s degree.
Students currently or previously enrolled in another CSWE accredited masters of social work degree program who are seeking admission as a transfer student are required to submit the following materials:
- a brief written statement describing the reasons why they are requesting the transfer;
- a copy of Field Education evaluations, if applicable; and,
- one of the three recommendations must be from a faculty member or Field Supervisor affiliated with the program.
Students from non-MSW graduate programs may receive a maximum of six transfer credits for courses for which s/he has earned a grade of "A" or "B". Each course will be assessed for program equivalency. Official determinations of allowable credit for coursework completed elsewhere will be made at the time of admission.
Find Out How Close You Are to a Degree
Before you even apply, you can work with our academic advisors to see how many credits will transfer and which academic program is the best fit based on your past college study. If you have unofficial transcripts, your academic advisor can provide a preliminary estimate to help you find out just how close you are to a degree. Please visit your local UMGC office, or request a Fast Plan online now.