Represent UMGC and gain valuable leadership experience.
The UMGC Europe Student Ambassador program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to personal and professional growth by serving and representing University of Maryland Global Campus Europe. Student ambassadors provide campus information, facilitate between command organizations, and represent UMGC at community outreach events, as well as serve as a liaison between students and staff.
- Act as a POC and/or a liaison for new and recurring students
- Plan and participate in marketing meetings held by UMGC staff
- Assist in outreach events and activities, TA briefings, and other educational fair events
- Cultivate relationships with new and continuing students to promote positive student body connections
Why should you be a student ambassador?
- Improve communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- Acquire and develop positive community service experiences
- Develop leadership skills
- Provide students guidance and direction, enhancing the student experience
- Motivate and encourage others to learn
- Lead your fellow military members down a path to achieving their educational goals
- Gain skills and experience to add to your resume
- Obtain a letter of recognition to add to your portfolio
- Be awarded volunteer hours
- Have the option to request a letter of recommendation
- Get special student ambassador gear, including business cards
Ready to join?
All members should have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and be in good academic standing. You must show an eagerness and willingness to get involved and share your experiences with other students.
To apply, use our form to submit your application.
If you have any questions, please contact your local program coordinator.