When military life puts you on the move, UMGC moves with you.

Don't put your future on hold. You can continue your studies even when you relocate. UMGC's trained military academic advisors and the convenient relocation request make the process seamless. Whether overseas or stateside, UMGC is always there for you.

Complete a Relocation Request

All undergraduate and graduate students1 planning to relocate between UMGC divisions (from UMGC Europe to UMGC Stateside or UMGC Asia) must complete and submit the relocation request prior to the term start date.

To complete and submit the form, log in to MyUMGC and click through the following links:

Student Center other academic... (drop down menu in Academics) Relocation Form

You will be able to select a term for your relocation request — you can select a future term only (two future terms will be displayed).

Please note: If you are currently pursuing an Associate of Arts degree and are not an active duty military member, please contact studentservices-europe@umuc.edu. We will ensure your degree information is conveyed to your new stateside advising staff for a smooth transition.

If you have questions or concerns about this process, contact your advisor.

1Army students: You should first contact your Army Education Advisor to be transferred in the GoArmyEd portal.

UMGC Resources and Locations

You’ll find plenty of resources available to you anywhere you may be stationed. UMGC has U.S. locations in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia that provide on-site courses and/or field office services. There are also classrooms and field offices throughout Europe and Asia.

Visit UMGC Locations to find out more about the UMGC location that will be closest to you.

As always, you can continue your courses and access all student support and services by phone, by e-mail, and online through MyUMGC, your online gateway to the university’s academic and administrative services.