Join the Student Services and Financial Aid team in our remote office using Zoom at: https://umuc.zoom.us/j/840013102
Providing Up to $4,000 Toward Your Education
As a military spouse, you deserve a high-quality education that leads to an in-demand career. What's more, you need a career path that's portable, so relocation never gets in the way of reaching your goals. Whether you are studying at the undergraduate or graduate level, you may be eligible for up to $4,000 in financial assistance through the MyCAA scholarship program.
See the guidelines below for eligibility requirements and program details:
- Spouse of an active duty servicemember or activated Guard or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2.
- MyCAA accounts will be limited to a $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2,000 fiscal year cap. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.
- Funding is limited to associate's degrees, undergraduate certificates, licensure programs, and graduate certificates.
For more information about MyCAA, please visit the FAQ page or contact your UMGC Europe academic advisor. We also encourage you to explore the many financial aid opportunities available to you while enrolled in UMGC Europe. These include Pell Grants, scholarships, loans, and monthly payment plans. Military OneSource career and education counselors are available to provide additional counseling and support. For more details, visit the MyCAA website.
**MyCAA now requires degree plans to be completed by an advisor and submitted in a typed format. Please see your UMGC Europe academic advisor to obtain the correct degree plan for submitting to MyCAA.**
The following UMUC Europe certificates and associate degrees may be available to you. See also additional Stateside programs. For long-term planning, please note that courses in our certificate and associate degree programs can lead to a UMUC bachelor's degree.
View programs that help you build credentials and earn credits toward a bachelor's.
How to Apply
- Send an e-mail to your UMGC Europe academic advisor ;and give your name, contact information, and location.
- Visit the MyCAA webpage and click on Register. Read the MyCAA Fact Sheet and follow the instructions on the next page to create a MyCAA account.
- Create an Education and Training Plan with your UMGC Europe academic advisor, then get it approved by a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant.
- New students must fill out the e-Application (click on Apply Now) for admission to UMGC.
- Enroll in your selected program or course at UMGC.
Financial assistance is paid directly to schools and other payees registered in the AI portal.