About the Army CA Program
Starting in Europe since January 2020, CA funding can be used for courses preparing students for industry-recognized credentials, such as a Project Management Professional (PMP), CompTIA certifications, and much more. Build your professional value with a certificate or other credential.
UMGC Europe Options
- Choose from 13 approved options
- Individual courses or 15-18 credit certificates
- Flexible course formats: online, remote, on-site, hybrid
CA Options Available
- Computer Information Technology: CMIT courses to help you prepare for CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certificates
Undergraduate Certificates (18 credits)
Graduate Certificates (15-18 credits)
- Project Management
- Cybersecurity Technology
- Database Systems Technology
- Foundations of Information Technology
- Homeland Security Management
- Information Assurance
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
How do you start?
- Follow the four-step process listed in Army COOL (Credentialing Occupational pathways), which is connected to the CA program.
- Contact your local ESO or Army counselor at the education center for program details and application information.
- Visit your local UMGC program coordinator on base at the education center, or contact us by phone, email, or through our offices virtually to assist you.
Specialized Program Accreditation
UMGC has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security and as a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the Defense Cyber Crime Center Academic Cyber Curriculum Alliance.